Beach Central 2017

Here is a link to a Google Doc with possible rentals for 2017:


Beach Houses 2017






Friday, January 18, 2013

Native Sun / Buxton

Booked for 2013!!!

Oceanview, "only 350 feet to the ocean's edge"

Total cost using their "cost calculator" = $6712, minus $90 pet fee (unless we bring Molly) = $6622
$473/person (14)

Available in 2013 -- July 20

Click here to view Native Sun

NOTE:
  • This property has 7 bathrooms, but the older kids can share the one where their bedrooms are on the lower level.
  • Pet friendly . . .  (allergies?)

20 comments:

Pam said...

This is a wonderful house, and I love the thought of going back to Hatteras Island! The view is nice, and it's not too far to the beach. Even Kaitlin would have a king sized bed! Poor Jon would have to take a sofa if he comes, but he's cool with that. And if he can't take the week off, he'd be fairly close to us! This is one of my favorites!

Matt Hawkins said...

I'm liking this one as well, as it has a good price with no real drawbacks that I can see. Not exactly sure if we would walk to the beach by going alongside the closer house directly northeast of this one, or if that might be private, in which case we would drive a very short bit north.

Matt Hawkins said...

I will say that of the weeks that actually work for everyone, this would probably be our preferred week to travel.

Matt Hawkins said...

This one also seems to have a good open top floor layout, and we like the fact that 2 of the 2nd floor bedrooms look large enough to accommodate air mattresses for our kids.

Paula R said...

I like this one too. Ron and I both love Hatteras Island--more privacy and we think the beach is more beautiful. Also, it would be very close to the Okracoke ferry in case we wanted to take a day trip to a huge, flat, more kid-friendly beach for the day.

Paula R said...

Lots of nice views from the windows too so even if you aren't "at the beach" (Papa and some of us orthopedically challenged) you can enjoy the view.

Kaitlin said...

This is my top pick, since it's VERY close to Jon (he actually lives in Buxton)! :-) Also, FYI -- there's a good putt putt/ice cream spot in Buxton and several good restaurants.

Bill said...

The price is right!
IF the beach is flater, it will be safer in the water.

From Whalebone Junction, it is a 68 minute drive.....increasing our arrival and departure travel.

Recognize, there may not be many choices for restuarants, grocery stores, etc. in Buxton. I think Rodanthe has more businesses....about 30 minutes away.

Bill said...

The price is right!
IF the beach is flater, it will be safer in the water.

From Whalebone Junction, it is a 68 minute drive.....increasing our arrival and departure travel.

Recognize, there may not be many choices for restuarants, grocery stores, etc. in Buxton. I think Rodanthe has more businesses....about 30 minutes away.

Kaitlin said...

You're right that there aren't any good grocery stores in Buxton. Jon usually drives to the Food Lion in Avon, though, which is about 15 minutes away. Not too bad. And I think there are actually several good restaurants in Buxton.

Paul's 2 Cents...No Returns said...

There are some places in or near Buxton to eat and grocery shop. There's a pizza place Christina and I tried there that was pretty good. I seem to remember a Food Lion not to far either.

Paul's 2 Cents...No Returns said...

There are some places in or near Buxton to eat and grocery shop. There's a pizza place Christina and I tried there that was pretty good. I seem to remember a Food Lion not to far either.

Bill said...

Good news Kaitlin!

Matt Hawkins said...

Since the question of beach access was bugging me, I went ahead and called the realty company to see if they could clarify. It looks on the photo like you could walk up between the 2 houses that are close to the beach and use that beach access. But I didn't want to assume and find out later we weren't allowed to do this and had to head up the road to the public parking instead. After contacting a very friendly agent at the realty company who seemed familiar with the house, they said they would be more than willing to check on it and let me know in the morning. If we are allowed to take the direct route to the beach, this is a clear win in my book.

Pam said...

Thanks for checking on that, Matt. This house is a full $100 less per person than the home that is currently in 2nd place -- Montana Mermaid. For my family, that's $400. I'm willing to walk a little farther, and I wonder if the renters of the houses across from us would even care if some of us cut through their yards? Especially those with little kids.

Paula R said...

Just an FYI--I read all customer reviews on this house. All were basically quite positive but several mentioned that the kitchen supplies were inadequate. Someone also mentioned noticeable pet hair. Other than that, the reviews were great.

Jenny said...

So, since the Montana Mermaid one is out, should we go ahead and book this one today before it gets snatched up too?

Pam said...

10 people have voted so far, and all ten have voted for Native Sun as one of their top pics. Since our second choice is no longer available, we need to jump on this one before it's gone too!

Matt Hawkins said...

I just heard back from the agent at Hatteras Realty (I think her name is Katie) and she said that we do have access that walkway to the beach that's between the two nearby houses. She said that the driveway itself is shared, and Native Sun occupants can walk through there. She also commented that the cul-de-sac parking area just up the street is not as far as it might look on a map, and it has a good boardwalk (in case the "orthopedically challenged" might want to use that instead).

Anyway... Yes, I think we need to jump on the ASAP. They are there staffing the office today, in case anyone was wondering. Do we need to have a last call for any objections? And if there are none, who needs to call and lock it down?

Pam said...

That's very good news, Matt! The even better news is that THE HOUSE IS OURS! Ron kindly agreed to be in charge of renting the property (thank you!!), and he called earlier today to book the rental. We are all set for our family beach vacation extravaganza!

Ron, will you please let us know what the final cost is and how much we owe for the deposit? Then we need to divide that by 14 and get our money to you. When is it due? Do you want us to split the security deposit, or will you float that for us?