Beach Central 2017
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
"A purple sky to close the day; I wade the surf where dolphins play. A taste of salt, the dance of waves; and my soul wells up with Hallelujahs. A lightning flash, my pounding heart, a breaching whale, a shooting star give testimony that you are; and my soul wells up with Hallelujahs. Oh praise him all his mighty works! There is no language where you can’t be heard. Your song goes out to all the earth -- Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah." -- Chris Rice
Oceanfront - No intervening homes or lots between home and ocean. Distance varies ocean view not guaranteed.
Semi-Oceanfront - Only one lot, house or unit between subject and ocean. Some areas will have a road to cross to get to ocean but still only one property between it and ocean. Distance varies and ocean view not guaranteed.
Oceanside - Two or more houses between subject property and ocean. No main road to cross, but distance varies greatly. Access to ocean usually direct via dedicated easements or private roads.
Fronts Beach Road - House located on the west side of Beach Road. Distance to beach access varies. Ocean view not guaranteed. Must cross Rt. 12 (Beach Road) to access.
Between Highways - House located between Rt. 12 (Beach Road) and Rt. 158 (By-pass). Access to beach by public access areas only!
Westside - House located between Rt. 12 (Ocean Trail) if in North Beach area, or West of Rt. 158 (By-pass) in Southern Beaches. Distance to beach varies.
Soundside - House closed to Sound than Ocean. Sound view is usual, but not guaranteed, and distance to Sound (and Ocean) varies.
Soundfront - House is located on Sound with no intervening homes or lots. Most have private docks and view of water, but not guaranteed.
13 comments:
This is one of our favorites: the pool looks really large, everyone gets a king bed (even Kaitlin) -- but the boys' room is kind of lame; it has a gas grill; it's near Manteo! There is even a table in the dining room for snacks!!! The one drawback is that there is not a bed for Jon IF he comes -- but he doesn't mind a sofa.
I like this one too. Tell me if I'm not seeing this right, but it appears that there is a trundle bed under the pyramid bunk in the boy's room, so Jon would have a bed if he came.
Jenny, you are right! That room doesn't have fancy accommodations, but it will be a mess after the first day anyway!
My favorite and only 1.5 miles farther from Hatteras than Sal Y ..
--Bill
It's very... Blue. But generally seems like a pretty good choice.
Darcy has decided that she would vote for this one if she could. Could it be the fact that it has "mermaid" in the name???
One this is for sure . . . It will be easy to spot! I usually have to look for Paul and Christina's orange care to identify which house is ours, but this one will speak for itself!!!
I'm not as positive about this one as everyone else, but on the good side, I like the pool a lot. Whalebone junction is a nice central location. However, The decor seems cluttered and kitstchy(sp?) to me. It does bother me that none of the windows in the pictures show much of a view, unlike the Buxton one. I had to take the virtual tour to even see the ocean and, if you look at that, you will see a rather congested parking lot. I will bow to the majority, of course, because maybe you all see something I don't
I kind of agree, Aunt Paula. The kitchen in this one also seems a little cramped. I may be getting my houses mixed up, but I think this one is directly across the street from a hotel. This means beach access, but it also could mean a crowded beach. I think the Buxton one is my first choice and this one my 2nd.
Jenny makes a very good point about the beach access next to a hotel (which explains all the cars I saw.) We really need to think about that. It's noisy, but more importantly, it means that the beach is going to be very crowded.
I remembered that the Jazzy J house was right next to a public beach access; I remember it always being crowded.
The noise would be more at this location. The kitchen does look cramped and the beach access could be crowded. Like the pool but not enough to vote for it.
Bad new, you guys. The July 20th date is no longer available. We missed out on this one.
Post a Comment